NHG: Understanding the IVF Process
This is another in this regular series with Dr Francois Fong of Neo-Health Group in Hong Kong, which deals with issues related to sexual health. We hope it will contribute to public education about sexual health and help viewers, both women and men, learn about prevention and treatment for the benefit of their own health.
Today we look again at In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) but focus on the process and what a couple or woman can expect to happen, the sequence of events and related issues one needs to understand when considering this treatment.
Script of Interview
Interviewee Dr. Francois Fong (FF)
Position Founder & CEO
Company name Neo-Health Group (‘Neo-Health’)
Company website https://www.neohealth.com.hk/
Interviewer John D. Evans, CFA (JE)
Interview conducted on 18 March 2023
<Preamble> The purpose of this sessions is to walk the viewer through the process of a ‘basic IVF’ treatment. Here we consider the hypothetical situation where a couple in their early thirties look for assistance in having a child. We do not in this post go into detail about egg freezing or surrogacy. For people interested in these further details then you are welcome to visit the NHG website or have a consultation with Dr Fong there.
- Give us an overview of what the service ‘Fertility Screening’ is about at NHG. Is this a required starting point in the IVF process?
- Explain to us what is involved in ‘Hormone Assessment’. How might this affect the decision to move forward with IVF?
- Let us now talk in detail about the actual IVF process as opposed to the preliminary assessments covered in the previous two points:
- Ovulation stimulation
- Egg and sperm retrieval
- Embryo transfer
- Summarize what services NHG can provide with regard to the above items related to IVF? Are all aspects provided by NHG or are some elements done by other specialists outside of NHG HK? For the IVF process, how long is the procedure in terms of time?
- Do you provide free consultations for persons considering IVF? How would someone make an appointment with you, if interested to talk about IVF?